Monday, June 05, 2006

Brittish Gaming Blog has an interview with the creator of the original GTA and Lemmings, Mike Daily.

What do you think of the massive popularity of the GTA games? And do you think they stick too what you wanted GTA to be?

No, I think “my” GTA wouldn’t have been quite so “mass-market”, which is good and bad. I think mine might have been a little more fun, but would never have sold the way GTA3 and the rest of them had. After GTA2, I’d envisaged a top down “blade runner”, glowing signs, but full 3D this time, with lots of effects and destruction. But I think they made the right choice as its helped open gaming to a whole new breed. However, I do get a bit fed up with everyone assuming that games HAVE to be full 3D, its simply not true.

Read the rest of the interview HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home